Increasingly, consumers are aware of what is happening around us, our planet, and we are committed to a sustainable and respectful lifestyle.
In recent years, interest in sustainable brands has grown considerably: organic and bulk food and supermarkets, sustainable clothing, and honest and responsible cosmetics. We want to have a positive impact on our world and we try to reduce our footprint.
We understand this movement not only as the non-consumption of certain products but also as a lifestyle that consists of caring for and taking care of yourself in a global way.
What is Zero Waste?
The Zero Waste movement aims to minimize the waste we generate. How? Practicing a more responsible consumption and making small changes in our day to day to take care of the environment.
This movement encompasses multiple areas of our lives, but at home, it is where our impact can be greatest and getting closer to zero waste can be easier: in cleaning and hygiene, in food, in storage ...
Bringing zero waste to our own home may seem complicated, but nothing could be further from the truth! With a few simple guidelines you can considerably reduce waste and do your bit to the planet and make your home a more sustainable home.
How can we apply zero waste in our day to day?
Base your day to day on the 5Rs of Zero Waste: reject what we don't need, reduce what we use, reuse what we already have, recycle and compost (rot in English).
Here are some tips:
1. Prioritize the purchase of products that use sustainable packaging and are plastic-free: glass or aluminum, for example.
2. Buy in bulk whenever possible, this way you minimize the number of containers you bring home.
3. Reuse aluminum or glass containers to store food or personal accessories.
4. Reuse bags that you have at home to go shopping and, if you have to buy a new bag, it better be cloth tela
5. Convert your old clothes into cleaning rags.
6. Use solid products in your personal hygiene and biodegradable accessories. Today there are many alternatives!
Zero Waste Hygiene
How can we help you from Kriim? At the beginning of the year, we launched a new brand that responds to this movement: SOLITO.
Its objective is to reduce the environmental impact to take care and, at the same time, take care of yourself in a holistic, respectful and conscious way at all levels. SOLITO responds to the desire to make a small daily change towards a more responsible consumption through solid cosmetics and Zero Waste.
Within this line you will find natural, efficient and environmentally friendly products:
- Solid shampoos, a variety for each type of hair.
- Solid conditioner for all hair types.
- Bars of soap, for face and body with a total of 7 different varieties.
- Deodorants without alcohol or aluminum (if you want to know more about them click here).
- Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
- Lip balm with hyaluronic acid.
- And a variety of biodegradable accessories: konjac facial sponges, sisal sachet to combine with bar soap, soap dishes and bamboo toothbrush.
All the products, with the exception of the semisolids (deodorant and lip balm), have packaging made with FSC cardboard (paper from controlled felling) and ECF (bleaching has been carried out without chlorine), which are totally biodegradable packaging. In physical stores they can be obtained in bulk, but when buying online they are delivered with the container to ensure the good condition of the product, its good hygiene and so that the customer can consult the INCI and other information of interest: way of employment, precautions, etc.
As you can see, with a few simple guidelines you can start to introduce zero waste into your life. Join the movement!
The change starts now!
Article written by: Miriam, Kriim Marketing Manager.